Are you behind in your rent
Do you need help coming up with
and facing eviction?
your first and last month's rent?
You may be eligible for an interest-free, repayable loan.
RENTAL ARREARS LOAN:
RENTAL DEPOSIT loan:
- you are an individual, couple, senior citizen, or family with children living in Toronto with legal status in Canada
- you are currently in financially unsustainable or unsuitable housing situation or a homeowner facing mortgage foreclosure
- you have a regular source of income, including Old Age Security and Guaranteed Annual Income System
- you currently don't receive over 50% of household income through OW/ODSP (social assistance)
- you meet the income requirements
- your rental unit is covered by provincial tenant legislation
- you can afford your new rent in the long-term
- you can provide all the documentation required by Rent Bank application process
Staff will assess your long-term housing sustainability. You will need to show that you have used up all other means of financial help available to you before applying for a Rent Bank loan. All loans are to be paid back in full in monthly instalments. Repayments go back into the Rent Bank fund to help others.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- landlord and tenant mediation
- money management advice
- follow - up support and community links
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT RENT BANK OR OUR OTHER SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT US:
Rent Bank Central Office, Neighbourhood Information Post at 416-924-2543
or by email at email@example.com or contact your nearest Local Access Centre.